Happy New Year!
As I reflected on 2016, I decided that I wanted to be more intentional and consistent with my blog in 2017. One way I will do that is by blogging my way through 1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer. Twice a month I will be sharing some nuggets from the book.
Let’s start with some fundamentals of marketing (covered in Chapter 1):
- If you want to sell books, you have to motivate readers to buy them.
- The two most important activities you need to do to market books are letting people know about the books and making sure the books are available.
- You need to do your homework!
- Each part/step of publishing a book should contribute to marketing the book.
- Marketing doesn’t happen overnight; it requires consistent effort over a long period of time (at least 18 months).
- You need to commit to marketing your book and stick with it.
- Marketing involves presenting a clear image to your audience.
- The foundation of marketing is building relationships.
- Remember your goal!
I am excited to be helping a fellow author with some publishing and marketing this year. If you are interested in being coached, or need help with publishing or marketing, I’d enjoy chatting with you.
Best wishes in 2017!