Welcome to Day 4 of our 10-Day Social Media Challenge!
Please use #10DaySMChallenge when sharing on social media.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing during this challenge:
Day 4 – Events & Promotions
Day 5 – Share Your Content (Let your followers know what’s happening right now)
Day 6 – Evergreen posts (Tell new fans about your best stuff from the past)
Day 7 – It’s not all about you
Day 8 – Images, quotes, and inspiration
Day 9 – Your Social Media Plan
Day 10 – Wrapping it all up
Events & Promotions
Time-sensitive events and sales are the cornerstone of your social posting. Ideally, you’ll want to plan these posts well in advance, so you have time to:
- Create graphics (My favourite tools for this are WordSwag for iPad, PicMonkey, and Canva)
- Research hashtags
- Plan related content (blog posts, podcasts, etc)
Create a monthly theme based around events and promotions, then tie all your social media posts into that single theme. #10DaySMChallengeClick to tweet
Using a monthly calendar, map out your upcoming events and offers as far in advance as possible, then assign and organize the necessary elements.
In the coming days, I’ll provide more information and resources to help you fill in the gaps.
Other Helpful Information
- Social Media Clock and Calendar
- 11 Key Tips on Creating a Following on Google+
- Build your business on Google+
Day 4 Assignment
- Download the Social Media Challenge Theme & Event Planner
- Come up with monthly themes based around your event(s) and/or promotion(s). Share some of your theme ideas in our Facebook Group.
- Map out any events or offers you have coming up and assign dates, hashtags, and content needed
Feel free to ask questions or share what’s working for you in the comments below.