This is week 5 in our Made to Crave Action Plan study.
Here are some great quotes from Lysa Terkeurst:
“Our goal is not a number on the scale. Our goal is to be absolutely at peace—emotionally, physicallyand spiritually.”
“Our scale can measure what our body weighs, but it can never measure our worth as a woman.”
“Between every trial and every blessing that comes from that trial is a path that we must walk. . .and the path is perseverance.”
“2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.” (James 1:2-5 NIV from http://www.biblegateway.com)
6 Summary Tips from Dr. Ski Chilton:
“Food was made to nourish us . . . when we come to manipulate it, it comes to destroy us.”
- Calories in; Calories out – Start your day with 16 oz of water. (This will help you reduce the number of calories you eat throughout the day by as much as 20%.)
- Fiber (25 grams/day for women or 30 grams/day for men) will help you feel full.
- Exercise to lose inches, not weight (30 minutes 5 days/week).
- Omega 3’s will reduce risk of heart attacks and decrease the speed of aging. The ratio of Omega 6 to Omega 3 in our diet should be 2:1.
- Eating 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables (To reap the benefits of Polyphenols)
- Have a positive attitude!
For more details, check out The 7 Ingredients for Healthy Weight Loss
I find the item I struggle with the most is eating 5-7 servings of fruits and vegetables. Some ways I’ve found that help are:
- Add a piece of fruit to breakfast
- Add a salad at lunch time
- Eat wraps instead of sandwiches, especially when you’re eating out. However, you have to be careful. Tim Horton’s snack wraps only have 190 calories, but Swiss Chalet wraps have 710 calories!
- Have an apple or banana for a snack
- Have a salad and two or three other vegetables with your dinner entree
What tips do you have to share?