This morning I had too much work to do and not enough time. Dirty dishes were stacked in the sink and on the counter, clothes were overflowing the laundry baskets, and my schedule for the day required me to be away from home, which meant no time for writing. As I sat at the breakfast table with my family, I felt panic rising. I took some slow, deep breaths and sent a quick prayer up. “Lord, you’re going to have to show me the way through this day, because right now I don’t know how I’m going to make it.”
Throughout the day, God sent me gentle reminders that He loves me and knows what I need:
- The sky was a beautiful pink color this morning
- I was able to fit in more chores than usual before I left home
- I received many encouraging e-mails throughout the day
- The kids in my preschool music classes made me laugh with their antics
- I was able to have a short visit with a friend who attended Bible College with me
- The sunshine brought out the diamond glitter in the snow
- One of my devotionals was conditionally accepted by a publisher
- I received an e-mail from an editor today telling me one of my pieces made her “tear up” because of the good memories it brought back to her
- I was able to get the dishes washed while I was making supper
- I even had a few minutes to write this post 🙂
I’m thankful I have a Heavenly Father who cares deeply about my “comings” and “goings”!
What about you? How has God met you in the midst of your day?