On July 2nd Shadows and Sunshine, volume 6 in the San Francisco Wedding planner Series was released on Amazon. Today I’d like to introduce you to Heather Donovan, the main character in the series.
What is your name? Heather Marie Donovan
What one word best describes you? Some people call me creative, talented, stubborn. I would use the word persistent.
How did you first become involved in the story? Since I’m the main character, this is my story, but I’ve built a team around me that helps me succeed.
What worries you? Several things, actually—I’m a bit of a worry wart 🙂 I worry about my business failing, about losing people close to me (I lost my dad when I was a teenager), and about being single the rest of my life.
What’s your favourite song? What a feeling by Irene Cara
What’s your favourite food? You mean besides chocolate and comfort food? Lol I enjoy all kinds of food, but Mario’s Cotoletta Alla Milanese is my absolute favorite. (If you want to prepare your own, check out the video below.)
What do you think of the other characters?
- Skye is my BFF, so of course I think she’s wonderful. We are opposites in many ways. She’s an absolute health nut who insists on organic food with lots of fruit and vegetables. You already know what I like to eat.
- Gloria is my mother. She and I have a love/hate relationship. Her choices frustrate me. I mean come on, she’s supposed to be the mature adult leading the way. Unfortunately, when my father died suddenly my mother seemed to lose her moorings. Now she works as a real estate agent, which has been helpful for me lately. However, her flirtatious behavior is annoying and embarrassing, especially when she hits on MY dates.
- Raul is my diva admin. assistant who answers the phones and keeps us all organized. (He also likes to dish out advice on fashion, which I usually ignore.) Although he can be very annoying sometimes, he actually is very responsible. In fact, he’s helped me out of a scrape or two.
- Bryan is an orthopedic surgeon and Raul’s older half-brother—the tall, dark, and handsome one. He knows how to make me feel special and can be very funny, but sometimes I wonder if he’s ready for a serious relationship. Baggage from his past relationships seems to come between us fairly often.
- Indigo is one of the best photographers in San Francisco. I count it a privilege to have him on my team, but he also causes me the most trouble. You see, I have to handle his ego with kid gloves. He often complains no one understands his art.
- Mario is a chef extraordinaire, and has been a great addition to my team. He also tends to be a bit of a lady’s man, but a recent love interest is taming him. Mario is one of those people who is everyone’s friend. I don’t think he knows what the word enemy means.
What do you think should happen? I think me and my team should provide the best event experience for everyone in San Francisco. The Pendergast event is a wonderful opportunity for us to showcase our skills. If we can pull this off, the sky’s the limit.
I also think that Bryan and I belong together, but I despair that will ever happen. We’re both extremely busy and he seems to have a lot of baggage from past relationships.
Are you happy right now? Most days, yes. But sometimes I dream about what my life will be like when (I guess I should say IF?) I marry Bryan.
What do you hope to do with your life? I hope I will be successful in my business and be surrounded with good friends
DRAW for free e-book: Leave a comment below and your name will be entered to win a copy of volume one of the San Francisco Wedding Planner Series 🙂
Rafflecopter contest: For your chance to win a copy of the whole San Francisco Wedding Planner series, enter at the right.
Want to read more about Heather? My novella, Life Lessons, is scheduled to be released on Thursday, July 24th. Stay tuned for more details. In the mean time, check out some other suggestions for your summer reading list by following the Summer Reading Blog Tour:
- Monday, July 14 – Ruth L. Snyder http://ruthlsnyder.com
- Tuesday, July 15 Cindy Noonan http://CindyNoonan.com
- Wednesday, July 16 Mishael Witty http://bluebrownbooks.com/
- Thursday, July 17 – Michele Huey http://christianwriterspage.blogspot.com/
- Friday, July 18 – Patti J. Smith http://gridirongrannyfootballfanatic.blogspot.com/
- Saturday, July 19 – Amber Schamel http://amberschamel.blogspot.com/
- Sunday, July 20 – Mark Carver http://www.markcarverbooks.com
- Monday, July 21 – Marian Baay http://marianbaay.blogspot.nl/
- Tuesday, July 22 – Jen Cudmore www.jencudmore.com
- Wednesday, July 23 – Tracy Krauss http://www.tracykraussexpressionexpress.com/
- Thursday, July 24 – Marcia Laycock http://marcialeelaycock.com/thespur/
- Friday, July 25 – Joy Davis www.joyrossdavis.com
- Saturday, July 26 – Travis Perry http://travissbigidea.blogspot.com/
- Sunday, July 27 – Mark Venturini http://markventurinijourney.blogspot.ca/
- Monday, July 28 – Iola Kirkwood http://iokirkwood.com/
- Tuesday, July 29 – Marsha Hubler http://marshahubler.wordpress.com