Welcome to Day 7 of our 10-Day Social Media Challenge!
Please use #10DaySMChallenge when sharing on social media.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing during this challenge:
Day 6 – Evergreen posts (Tell new fans about your best stuff from the past)
Day 7 – It’s not all about you
Day 8 – Images, quotes, and inspiration
Day 9 – Your Social Media Plan
Day 10 – Wrapping it all up
It’s NOT All About You!
Sure, the point of social sharing is to drive traffic back to your site, but if all you ever do is shout “Me, me, me!” even your biggest fans will stop listening.
Social media is about relationships, not about blowing your own horn! #10DaySMChallengeClick to tweet
By finding and sharing the best content in your industry, you will quickly become known as the go-to person in your market.
- Infographics. Ideal for condensing large amounts of data into a small space, infographics are popular on nearly all social media platforms. (Pinterest is a great place to look for these!)
- How-to articles. Depending on your market, how-to articles can be one of the most important types of content you create or share. (Do a search on Google or your favourite browser!)
- Viral videos. Whether they’re funny, helpful, or just plain entertaining, videos are almost always a hit. (Youtube, Godtube)
Ideally, you’ll want to share content from complementary businesses, but done right, you can even mix in articles and videos produced by your competition. Consider adding your own thoughts about the content, ask questions of your readers, and if you can, use an affiliate link.
Another option when sharing this type of curated content is to write a short post on your own site, and then link to the original content from there. When you share on social media, share the post you created. It’s an extra click for your readers to get to the original, but it will improve your traffic numbers.
Short of ideas on what to curate? Keep a list of go-to sites you can check weekly for new content.
Other helpful information
- 7 Ways to find viral content
- 17 Unique Places to find content to share
- How to find viral content for your social media posts
Day 7 Assignment
- Download the Interesting Content from Others worksheet
- Find at least 7 interesting items to share on your social media this week
- Share the most interesting item with us in our Facebook Group
Any comments, questions, or suggestions? Please share them below!