Welcome to Day 2 of our 10-Day Social Media Challenge!
Please use #10DaySMChallenge when sharing on social media.
Here is an overview of what we will be doing during this challenge:
Day 2 – Automate & Systematize
Day 3 – Hashtags Matter
Day 4 – Events & Promotions
Day 5 – Content Themes
Day 6 – Inform your followers (Let your followers know what’s happening right now)
Day 7 – Evergreen posts (Tell new fans about your best stuff from the past)
Day 8 – It’s not all about you
Day 9 – Images, quotes, and inspiration
Day 10 – Wrapping it all up
Automate & Systematize
We all know that social media is an important component of marketing, but if we are not careful, it can swallow up all our precious time. It is impossible to enter posts strategically and still get our writing done.
- HootSuite – One of the first and still among the best options for managing Facebook, Twitter and Google+, HootSuite allows you to not only post updates, but also monitor your feeds from one single interface.
- Buffer – With integrations for all of the most popular social platforms including Pinterest, Buffer is a popular choice, and offers both free and paid plans to suit any budget.
- Post Planner – Great for scheduling, but Post Planner’s biggest draw is its suggestions for what to post. If you struggle with engagement, Post Planner will help by offering questions you can use to spark a conversation with your followers. There is no free option available; the minimum investment is $5.00/month.
- Meet Edgar – A newer offer in the social content scheduling field, Meet Edgar allows you to build a library of content you can then schedule whenever you like. This services costs $49/month.
Other helpful information
Day 2 Assignment:
- Check out at least two different tools for automating your social media posts.
- Check in on our Facebook Page and let us know which tool you picked and why.
- Any questions? Or other suggestions? Share them in the comments below.