Saying “Yes” to God – A Soul Longing for More
This week I started participating in the Online Bible Study “What Happens When Women Say Yes to God” through Proverbs 31 Ministries. Lysa challenged us to consider the answers to the following questions:
- What are some actions steps you can take each day to become more aware of God’s presence?
- How can you intentionally pursue God even in the middle of “life’s mundane activities?
The action steps that I’m choosing are:
- Stopping for a few moments when I wake up each morning to acknowledge God’s presence and ask for His guidance. “Yes, God, I’m listening to you and ready to do what you ask me today.”
- Choosing to seize the moments throughout each day when I’m tempted to go my own way and follow God’s leading instead.
So how can I acknowledge God in the midst of the mundane activities? I have many opportunities in my roles of mother to five children, wife, and community member.
- When my kids are bickering and I’m tempted to yell and get upset, I can choose a soft voice as I deal with the situation.
- When my husband is working instead of spending time with me and I’m tempted to roll over and give him the cold shoulder when he comes to bed, I can choose instead to welcome him with a smile and ask him how his day went.
- When someone drops by unexpectedly while I’m working on a project and I’m tempted to send them on their way as quickly as possible, I can choose to be sensitive to God’s spirit and listen as long as they want to talk, encouraging them with my nods and words.
- When my kids act up in church while I’m trying to lead a worship service, I can remember what it’s like to be a child and gently correct them after the service is over.
What about you? Will you join me in saying “yes” to God?