Five Minute Friday: Prepare
Five Minute Friday is a weekly challenge for bloggers where we are given a prompt and write for five minutes. Then we share the results with the Five Minute Friday community on Kate’s blog. Come join us!
When we think of Christmas, we think of preparing:
- Preparing food – like special cookies, fruitcake, pecan pie (a tradition when I was growing up), turkey and all the trimmings
- Preparing with decorations – like Christmas ornaments, stockings, Christmas trees, red & green, mistletoe
- Preparing for guests – cleaning our houses, making beds
- Preparing special programs at church – angels with halos slightly askew, shepherds who get lost on their way down the aisle, Christmas carols, choirs
- Preparing for time off – no school, time off work, family time
When I read the prompt this morning, the first thing that popped into my head was, “Prepare Ye the Way of the Lord.” – the words of John the Baptist whose job it was to get people ready for Jesus. As we prepare for the Christmas season this year, let’s not forget to prepare our hearts – to be still and know that He is God, to revel in wonder at how much the King of Kings loves us, to ponder the amazing gift Jesus gave us in His coming to earth and dying for our sins.
Are you prepared for Christmas? Are you doing anything different this year to help yourself “get in the spirit” of Christmas? Share with us 🙂
Starting on December 14th, I’m giving myself a challenge to help prepare my heart for Christmas. Each day I will share the story behind a Christmas carol and the person who wrote it. I’ll also be giving away some books and other resources. Enter your e-mail on the left so you won’t miss any of the posts.