Diving into Marketing
1001 Ways to Market Your Books by John Kremer has some great ideas. Twice a month I will be sharing some nuggets from the book.
Let’s start with some fundamentals of marketing (covered in Chapter 1):
- If you want to sell books, you have to motivate readers to buy them.
- The two most important activities you need to do to market books are letting people know about the books and making sure the books are available.
- You need to do your homework!
- Each part/step of publishing a book should contribute to marketing the book.
- Marketing doesn’t happen overnight; it requires consistent effort over a period of time (at least 18 months).
- You need to commit to marketing your book and stick with it.
- Marketing involves presenting a clear image to your audience.
- The foundation of marketing is building relationships.
- Remember your goal!
I am excited to be helping a fellow author with some publishing and marketing this year. If you are interested in being coached, or need help with publishing or marketing, I’d enjoy chatting with you.